Language Sample: (50 points) You will view a video of a child engaged in conversation with a parent or caregiver. You will analyze the video and provide a language sample. Link to video: https://youtu.be/mEOrun-YiDc?si=4oxWrLacewmsSdUJ You must include the following information in your final written sample: Transcription of sample: (a) age and gender of child. (b) the environment in which the recording took place, (c) the gender of the caregiver, (d) the complete sample, including the statements provided by the adult, (e) clearly identify the morpheme count for each utterance (at the end of each line); (f) compute an MLU; (g) clearly list the different Brown’s morphemes demonstrated by the child (along with the example from within the sample) and what morphemes the child DID NOT demonstrate when you were EXPECTING it to occur (i.e., obligatory context), (h)list and provide a total number of different words demonstrated by the child, and (i)list (and total) the nouns, verbs, and adjectives For the transcription of the language sample, you may submit using any format (e.g., WORD document or EXCEL) that works for you. The length of this portion of the assignment will vary. DO NOT use a font size less than 12. Narrative Write-up: In a narrative format, you must discuss the language demonstrated by the child. This means, you must: a. evaluate all five areas of the child’s language. Be sure to include any non-verbal communication used (and the apparent purpose of the non-verbal communication). Separate each section by the area of language. For example: Your heading would say: Phonology, then your next paragraph will define what phonology is and then you will talk about the skills the child demonstrated in the area of phonology and the skills NOT demonstrated but expected.
b. in each section, discuss whether the child demonstrated typical language, in EACH area of language, based on your analysis of the sample. You must provide specific examples to highlight your response.
c. your evaluation of the sample must include specific examples for every area of language. For example, for syntax, you are expected to identify the different sentence types used, along with examples from the sample. You will also discuss the different communicative functions/purposes of communication used by the child.
d.You must calculate intelligibility and provide specific sound errors You will also analyze the language/interaction style of the parent/caregiver. You must: a. comment on the interaction between the child and adult. What language facilitating supports did the parent/caregiver use? b. include any nonverbal communication used by the parent and the purpose of the non-verbal communication. c. comment on whether the language faciliative strategies used by the parent supported the child’s overall language development? If so, why? If not, why not? The write-up should be in a narrative format and no more than five pages, double-spaced.
- What are some considerations for substance abuse treatment with older adult populations?
- Discuss copyright law Amendments in Africa : A comparative study of fair use provisions.
- Examine the key factors related to retirement.
- Write a Research on content production and dissemination mechanisms in the digital media era
- Write an essay Exploring the efficacy of mindfulness based interventions in reducing burnout among nursing staff.
- Discuss Truman Doctrine With the Homo bureacraticus decision-making model.
- Can you think of anything that could have made the experience better for the patient and/or family?
- What other options could the IC have implemented to establish a water supply to support the fire flow for this incident?
- Create a 3-5 page submission in congestive heart failure.