Take a moment to reflect on your personal bias regarding the use of a collective bargaining agreement and what impact it may have on you in your current position. Would you be interested in working in a union environment? Would you be supportive of a union coming into your working environment? Would you be supportive of removing a union from your working environment? Why or why not? Carefully form your own viewpoint regarding unions.
Now ask yourself these same questions from the viewpoint of a leader, manager, and union in the education or training industry. Ponder the challenges that you may be faced within a leadership role or as a member of a union if you are operating in a collective bargaining environment.
Post a discussion of your opinion when you looked at it from a management angle versus your own opinion. Answer the following questions:
Were they the same?
What challenges did you discover?
How did your viewpoints differ from those of classmates?
In what direction do you think the collective bargaining approach is moving from the standpoint of the profession in which you work? What makes you think that?
- Strategies to Restore Academic Motivation and Well-Being Essay
- Reevaluating Supervised Release Violations Research
- Analyzing Military Tactics, Intelligence Assessment, and Long-term Consequences in the Afghanistan War Essay
- How Environmental Enrichment Sparks Neural Stem Cell Renewal in the Aging Brain Research
- Implementing Moral Development Theory in South African Inclusive Classrooms Essay
- Microsoft’s Role and Mitigation Strategies Essay
- Strategic Decision-Making in the Smartphone Industry Discussion
- Mastering the Art of Coffee Brewing Essay
- The Mysteries of Organic Compounds Research
- Optimizing Employee Motivation in the Aviation Industry Research