Time Period: Late 1970s
Thesis: The findings of the Church Committee show that the lack of regulation of the CIA and FBI resulted in breaches of privacy of the people in the US (domestically) as well as the privacy of nations outside of the US (internationally). If it wasn’t for the legacy of former Senator Frank Church and his views, we wouldn’t have the security regulations we have today; and government agencies such as the CIA would continue to abuse their power.
Task: Write an analysis paper highlighting the findings of the Church Committee and create an opinion/analysis based on the excerpts of the sources used in the paper. Some important points to highlight are the findings on assassination attempts, as well as the attempt to influence the outcome of Chile’s elections. An emphasis on that the paper should not be a summary of the sources, but rather a reaction/opinion/analysis to them. Thank you! Sources will be provided in the files. Please use intext citations with the page number!
Source 1 (Article): https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2013/06/27/in-the-1970s-congress-investigated-intelligence-abuses-time-to-do-it-again/
Source 2 (PDF Below): Fighting the Odds by Ashby and Gramer (pages 468-501, 522-528)
Source 3 (PDF Below): 94Chile
- Race IAT & Reflection
- Explain how society has used the judicial system and the penitentiary industrial complex as a way of stripping the rights of citizens and controlling people.
- Difference in VO2max and the Ventilatory Threshold Between Elite and Recreational Cyclists
- Self Esteem
- Argument/Discussion: LGBTQ in Racial Contract? White Supremacy vs LGBTQ
- How is the reality you observe different from what is predicted based on current theory/literature? (that’s your reflection on the need of research)
- After reviewing the chapters, download the Financial and Operating Ratios Assignment template Download Financial and Operating Ratios Assignment template.
- Cryptocurrency in the business management and international relations environment in Western Europe.
- Biofilms and their tolerance to antibiotics
- Beauty comes in all forms. It is a social idea, a point of view. Research ” beauty” in different time periods and/ or different cultures and analyze why these constructs were or are considered beautiful, decipher reasons. Identify the time period with historical or cultural context.