Choose a drug. Describe the original source for its active ingredient, the original world region from where it came, and how it was originally used in this cultural context. Outline the key innovations that have made the drug more potent, more available, and less expensive over time. Finally, describe how and for what purposes it is used today.
Please give citations to course readings or to other scholarly work to support your statements (websites are not acceptable). The Courtwright book and the textbook are excellent sources of material for the assignment.
Please use APA style for citations and references. You can find guidelines on how to use APA citation and reference formats at the following website. https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/02/ Links to an external site.
If you choose to use evidence from a book, please include page numbers in the in-text citation.
Please see syllabus for the specific details of assignment length and submission. The written portion of the assignment is limited to a page, but you can add the citations on a second page.
- Compare and contrast the difference between laptops and desktop computers.
- Describe the most challenging obstacle you have had to overcome or a risk that you have taken and explain its impact (positive or negative) on you and what you have learned from the experience.
- Explain the difference between the common misconception of the term negative reinforcement and how the science of behavior analysis defines it.
- Write a review on why the legalization of marijuana in several states is forcing many police leaders to modify their views and practices regarding its use.
- Does doing homework actually help students learn more?
- Write a research paper on playground bullying and its effects on young children.
- Write a paper that are able to manage the risks presented when balancing individual rights and professional duty of care.
- What can you learn from this primary source about German attitudes towards violence and warfare, and/or the plight of the Nazis perceived enemies?
- Describe both the state and federal court system and explain the benefits of having a dual-court system in America?
- Describe demographic characteristics for your community or state in terms of demographic makeup, ethnicity, and illness and health status.