Choose a drug. Describe the original source for its active ingredient, the original world region from where it came, and how it was originally used in this cultural context. Outline the key innovations that have made the drug more potent, more available, and less expensive over time. Finally, describe how and for what purposes it is used today.
Please give citations to course readings or to other scholarly work to support your statements (websites are not acceptable). The Courtwright book and the textbook are excellent sources of material for the assignment.
Please use APA style for citations and references. You can find guidelines on how to use APA citation and reference formats at the following website. https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/02/ Links to an external site.
If you choose to use evidence from a book, please include page numbers in the in-text citation.
Please see syllabus for the specific details of assignment length and submission. The written portion of the assignment is limited to a page, but you can add the citations on a second page.
- What are some considerations for substance abuse treatment with older adult populations?
- Discuss copyright law Amendments in Africa : A comparative study of fair use provisions.
- Examine the key factors related to retirement.
- Write a Research on content production and dissemination mechanisms in the digital media era
- Write an essay Exploring the efficacy of mindfulness based interventions in reducing burnout among nursing staff.
- Discuss Truman Doctrine With the Homo bureacraticus decision-making model.
- Can you think of anything that could have made the experience better for the patient and/or family?
- What other options could the IC have implemented to establish a water supply to support the fire flow for this incident?
- Create a 3-5 page submission in congestive heart failure.