1 1 unread reply. 1 1 reply.
Because school counselors do not diagnose students, provide your diagnostic impression instead of the student in the case study below. Use the DSM-5 to gain an understanding of the case study and answer the questions that follow.
Jasmin is an 8-year-old, Latina girl in the second grade. She lives with her parents and younger brother, and her mother describes her as a handful, but very sweet. Jasmin had to repeat second grade due to behavioral issues in class, which also resulted in lower test scores and poor grades. She is a popular child among her peers, but she continually struggles with her teacher to follow directions, stay on task, and remain seated. Jasmins teacher has consulted with her kindergarten and first-grade teachers and does not think that Jasmin has communication issues or a specific learning disorder because she performs above grade-level expectations in small group or with one-on-one attention. In a large classroom situation, she is in constant motion, shouts when she should be talking quietly, and is easily distracted, which prevents her from meeting expectations. Most recently, Jasmin was referred to the school counselor after she broke the classroom fish tank during a silent reading activity. I was just trying to feed Flipper, she explained.
What is your diagnostic impression of the student presented in this case. Discuss how you came to this diagnostic impression.
What areas of the case study stood out for you?
Which diagnoses were considered but ruled out? What additional information would have been helpful in examining this case?
- What are some considerations for substance abuse treatment with older adult populations?
- Discuss copyright law Amendments in Africa : A comparative study of fair use provisions.
- Examine the key factors related to retirement.
- Write a Research on content production and dissemination mechanisms in the digital media era
- Write an essay Exploring the efficacy of mindfulness based interventions in reducing burnout among nursing staff.
- Discuss Truman Doctrine With the Homo bureacraticus decision-making model.
- Can you think of anything that could have made the experience better for the patient and/or family?
- What other options could the IC have implemented to establish a water supply to support the fire flow for this incident?
- Create a 3-5 page submission in congestive heart failure.