Reflect on the following public health policy concepts (list below) and write about them. In this paper, identify 2-3 major concepts, what about them do you understand completely and which concepts did not quite make sense. Can you apply the concepts in the reading to a career in public health? How? Why or why not?
Major Public Health Insurance Programs: Medicare and Medicaid
Childrens Health Insurance Program
Affordable Care Act and Patient Protection Act
National Health Reform 2010
Social Determinants of Health
Sources to Use (attached)
Chapters 7; 9-12
- Describe the strategic approach of the United States to terrorism in Africa and explain the threat to the United States from terrorists recruited by Al Shabaab.
- What are the potential consequences for ignoring emergent strategies?
- If you have celiac disease or know of someone who does, how does going gluten-free affect their lives?
- What do Edward Belamy and Henry George have to say about the possibility of changing industrialized societies without revolution?
- What did Kipling say in the poem, The White Mans Burden?
- Discuss how the field of Speech Language Pathology can be incorporated within Academic success (written oral communication of literacy across the curriculum) and Cultural diversity (Bilingualism English language learners).
- Are there differences between these terms, or are they synonymous?
- What is the difference between real or physical evidence and testimonial evidence?
- Write an essay that identifies–and presents a reasonable, well-developed solution for–some type of problem related to technology.
- What aspect of family psychology interests you?