Required steps/contents and hints:
Briefly present (no more than) major points of the Yin-Yang way of thinking, especially its distinct crucial features
(emphases) in contrast to the distinct crucial features (emphases) of the Hegelian model (also briefly presented), as
they are specified and explained in this class. [1 page]
Identify and present one (controversial) issue (about an object of study under your examination, either in
your own area of study, or in public areas of contemporary times, such as the issue of gun-control, the issue of
immigrants, etc.) to which there are two (major) distinct seemingly opposing or incompatible approaches (such as
for vs. against gun-control) under your examination; [1 page]
briefly present each of the two distinct approaches: Identify and present some element(s) in each approach
that you would render reasonable or correct (for example, its perspective dimension that is eligible in the sense
that it points to and captures some aspect of the object of study that needs due attention/treatment, rather than being
ignored, in a more complete account of the object of study); Identify and present some element(s) in each
approach that you would render unreasonable or incorrect (e.g., its guiding-principle dimension regarding how to
look at relation between its own eligible perspective and the eligible perspective from the other approach might be
inadequate when it dismisses other eligible perspectives). [1-1.5 pages]
Apply the Yin-Yang way of thinking together with the Hegelian model in your analysis of how we should
adequately look at the relation between the two seemingly-opposing approaches to the issue under examination:
Apply the Hegelian model with its sublation feature [to meet Adequacy Condition (8) of seeking sublation for
adequate methodological guiding principles, as explained in the lecture note for the 3/15-19 session] to keep what
are reasonable or correct in the two approaches while discarding what not; Apply the Yin-Yang model with its
feature of seeking complementarity and achieving harmonious balance (to meet Adequacy Condition (7) of seeking
complementarity] to have those reasonable or correct elements that are sublated from the two approaches to the
issue to complementarily work together to enhance your understanding and treatment of the issue. [1-1.5 pages]
- Write a paper that explores a cultural event or product related to education and African American life.
- Compare the similarities and differences between Islam, Judaism, and Christianity.
- If you were a researher, what population would you like to study?
- Which era was the most significant in terms of scientific and intellectual achievement and why?
- Discuss The Benefits of Therapy Animal Use in Healthcare.
- Explain how you believe the courts decision played a role in policy changes.
- Write a formal persuasive e-mail to a community leader to address a social concern.
- Discuss related challenges faced by social workers who serve the identified special population and its related field of practice.
- Explain and evaluate the article based on the criteria of clearness and the scientific method, as discussed in lectures.
- To what degree or under what circumstances should an individual rebel against, rather than conform to, society?