Take a moment to review the details of this assignment below and gather any necessary files. Once you’re ready to submit your assignment, move on to Step 2.
The purpose of this assignment is to prepare students to make staffing decisions based on sound financial management principles and compliance guidelines.
Scenario: You are the nurse leader of a 30-bed medical surgical unit and have to account for all staffing, including any discrepancies. Using sound financial management principles, complete the “NUR-621 Topic 8: Staffing Matrix” in the provided Excel template is attached.
After completing the matrix, compose an 1,000-1,250-word reflection answering the following questions:
Why is it important to use a staffing matrix in your health care setting?
Briefly describe your staffing matrix. How many FTEs (full-time equivalent) on the staffing roster are required to cover daily needs? What units of services or work measurement did you use and why? What financial management principles did you use to determine your staffing matrix?
Explain how you adjusted your staffing based on changes in the patient census.
You receive your financial report for the month. You have used more FTEs than what was budgeted for your census. How will you make up the variance? How would you reallocate resources to make up for the variance and still comply with guidelines?
Include two to four peer-reviewed references in your essay, including the textbook this is the text book below.
Penner, S. J. (2017). Economics and financial management for nurses and nurse leaders (3rd ed.). New York, NY: Springer Publishing.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric which guideline of rubric is in the attachments.. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
- Describe one of the stylistic periods of movements (p.115-p.124) and its significance.
- Discuss about the effects of Child and Elder Abuse.
- Write a research paper on Domestic Terrorism within the United States.
- Write a research paper on Marketing Strategies of Disney Land Japan.
- Explain how effective is using EMDR therapy with children dealing with trauma?
- Write a research paper about possibly speaking about vaping and all the effects.
- Write a research paper on the integration of technology in primary schools.
- Write a research paper on the impact of single parenting and its effects on children.
- Describe the set of actions the other person may take (their strategies)
- The Rhetorical Analysis-InstructionsPaper 2-The Rhetorical Analysis-Instructions Recipe Rhetorical Analysis