In addition to the topic study materials, use the chart you completed and questions you answered in the Topic 3 about “Case Study: Healing and Autonomy” as the basis for your responses in this assignment.
Answer the following questions about a patient’s spiritual needs in light of the Christian worldview.
In 200-250 words, respond to the following: Should the physician allow Mike to continue making decisions that seem to him to be irrational and harmful to James, or would that mean a disrespect of a patient’s autonomy? Explain your rationale.
In 400-500 words, respond to the following: How ought the Christian think about sickness and health? How should a Christian think about medical intervention? What should Mike as a Christian do? How should he reason about trusting God and treating James in relation to what is truly honoring the principles of beneficence and nonmaleficence in James’s care?
In 200-250 words, respond to the following: How would a spiritual needs assessment help the physician assist Mike determine appropriate interventions for James and for his family or others involved in his care?
Remember to support your responses with the topic study materials.
While APA style is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and documentation of sources should be presented using APA formatting guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Refer to the LopesWrite Technical Support articles for assistance.
This benchmark assignment assesses the following programmatic competencies:
BS in Health Sciences 1.2; BS Nursing (RN to BSN ) 5.2
Assess for the spiritual needs and provide appropriate interventions for individuals, families, and groups.
PLEASE FOLLOW THESES INSTRUCTION .ASSIGNMENT
Your last writing assignment will be a 800-1,000 word essay. As stated in previous weeks, any low word count essays that fall below the minimum required, you will receive a proportional penalty applied after Grading Rubric score. Read the syllabus thoroughly for this assignment. Answer all the questions and objectives for the three (3) sections. You will refer back to the WEEK 3 Chart (you may include it or not in this week’s work). Please remember to cite the GCU Case Study also in your work and on the Reference Page.
This week’s assignment instructions do not specifically state to add spiritual interventions that you might have suggested if you were the provider for the Case Study – but if you do -you can be assured that extra effort will be noticed when I grade! the Appendix of Practicing Dignity has a multiple of spiritual needs assessment models and questions available for you to include in your assignment.
Read the Grading Rubric to identify other areas in which the essay will be graded (I.e.. thesis, discussion, personal reflections, references, formatting, etc.).
The course ends at midnight (AZ) this Sundayso late submissions will not be accepted.
Read Chapters 5 from Practicing Dignity.
ead “Doing a Culturally Sensitive Spiritual Assessment: Recognizing Spiritual Themes and Using the HOPE Questions,” by Anandarajah, from AMA Journal of Ethics (2005).
ead ” Assessing the Spiritual Needs of Patients” by Timmins and Caldeira, from Nursing Standard (2017).
- What would you do differently in a similar patient evaluation?
- Do you agree with President Jackson’s conclusions of the necessity for an Indian Removal Policy?
- Is it possible to teach someone to love reading?
- Why is the murder of Lady Macduff and her dramatically necessary? Consider what the murder reveals about Macbeth and the effect the murder has/will have on Macduff and other noblemen.
- Bail Trap by Nick Pinto
- Management Control Report
- How would you solve the moral dilemma of Janet Moore? Try to put yourself in her place. What would you decide and why? Explain the reasons for your decision carefully.
- Project purpose idea: neighborhood community board assessing the risks involved if Con Edison continues with a (specific) project. Transition Risk being the focus- economic losses from a business changing policies and production to more energy efficient methods
- Animal parts used in Fashion industry or Fashion buisness and affecting animal welfare and ethics
- Analysis of W T. Stead’s The Maiden Tribute