Research and Theoretical Foundations: Apply contemporary developmental psychology research and classic and contemporary theories to the selected developmental issue.
A. Analyze contemporary developmental psychology research in explaining the selected developmental issue. In other words, what does research have to say about the evolution of your selected developmental issue? Be sure to support your position with specific examples.
B. Apply the three core themes of developmental psychology to the selected developmental issue.
i. ii. iii.
Where does the selected issue fall on the continuum of nature versus nurture? Be sure to substantiate your claims with specific scholarly research.
Where does the selected issue fall on the continuum of continuity versus discontinuity? Be sure to substantiate your claims with specific scholarly research.
Where does the selected issue fall on the continuum of stability versus change? Be sure to substantiate your claims with specific scholarly research.
III. Program Selection: Identify an existing program that targets the selected developmental issue for prevention or treatment.
A. Discuss the target of the program in terms of whether the program promotes healthy development, targets prevention of a developmental
issue, or provides actual treatment for an issue. In other words, is the program promotional, preventative, or prescriptive?
B. Determine the extent to which the assessment and treatment methods employed by the program address the selected developmental issue
across diverse populations.
1. What is the process for an individual with the selected developmental issue to be admitted to the selected program? What admissions
policies or procedures might need to be considered in terms of cultural, ethnic, or socioeconomic standing?
2. What methods are utilized by the program to provide intervention, health promotion, or treatment for the developmental issue with
regard to cultural, ethnic, and socioeconomic sensitivity?
C. Analyze the selected programs methods for the developmental theory and research that you feel were chosen to serve as its foundation.
1. Does the program clearly stick to the core concepts of the developmental theory in its approach to assessment? Be sure to substantiate your claims with specific examples and research.
2. Do the treatment or intervention methods vary from what the developmental theory would support or recommend? Be sure to explain your rationale.
3. How might the assessment, prevention, or treatment methods be aligned with a different developmental theory? Be sure to justify your position with research.
For Milestone Two, you will submit a draft of theoretical foundations (Section II of your final project) and a draft of your program selection (Section III of your final project), including all critical elements as listed below.
For the draft of your theoretical foundations (Section II), you will apply contemporary developmental psychology research and classic and contemporary theories to the selected developmental issue. You will examine the selected developmental issue through the lens of each of the core themes of nature vs. nurture, continuity vs. discontinuity, and stability vs. change. This section of Milestone Two should be one to two pages in length.
For the draft of your program selection (Section III), you will research and select a program that targets the developmental issue selected in Milestone One. It will be critical that you research the program at a high level to determine if there is enough research and data available to provide a full evaluation as required for the final project. It is highly advised that you review the program evaluation criteria in the rubric for the final project prior to completing this milestone. The nature of the program as a promotional, preventative, or prescriptive program should be clear and well supported by the information, and the selection criteria for an individual to become part of the program should be described in detail. A detailed review of the methods utilized by the program to meet its intended goals is required. The program selection includes an examination of which developmental theory provided the foundation for the development of the program and its methods. This should include a review of how well the program remains aligned or consistent with the foundational developmental theory, as well as the ways in which it may vary in its assessments and methods. In your response, consider which theory may better align with the elements that are inconsistent with the primary or stated developmental theory.
- Discuss about an issue concerning a current social issue or modern technology and write an essay in which you take a position on that issue.
- Identify the three essential elements to management, maintaining a balance between the current culture, and improving relationships to minimize resistance to change.
- Explain how the Act of God doctrine, can be used to eliminate liability in contracts for failure to perform.
- What experiences have you had working with children with psychological difficulties?
- Identify measures to assist the individual to achieve the tasks of his/her stage of development.
- Discuss and analyse the Trifler letters to the serialized articles on natural philosophy and history.
- Do you agree with the concept that individuals self-medicate in relation to stress, coping, and substance-related and addictive disorders?
- Discuss nation-states in the world today, and different types of political institutions are spread among them.
- Summarize, analyze, and discuss some of the key aspects of that Compliance Program Manual, and how some of those key aspects relate to promoting product safety and efficacy.
- Explain how to reduce the use of excessive police force that especially targets communities of color in the United States.