Research and Theoretical Foundations: Apply contemporary developmental psychology research and classic and contemporary theories to the selected developmental issue.
A. Analyze contemporary developmental psychology research in explaining the selected developmental issue. In other words, what does research have to say about the evolution of your selected developmental issue? Be sure to support your position with specific examples.
B. Apply the three core themes of developmental psychology to the selected developmental issue.
i. ii. iii.
Where does the selected issue fall on the continuum of nature versus nurture? Be sure to substantiate your claims with specific scholarly research.
Where does the selected issue fall on the continuum of continuity versus discontinuity? Be sure to substantiate your claims with specific scholarly research.
Where does the selected issue fall on the continuum of stability versus change? Be sure to substantiate your claims with specific scholarly research.
III. Program Selection: Identify an existing program that targets the selected developmental issue for prevention or treatment.
A. Discuss the target of the program in terms of whether the program promotes healthy development, targets prevention of a developmental
issue, or provides actual treatment for an issue. In other words, is the program promotional, preventative, or prescriptive?
B. Determine the extent to which the assessment and treatment methods employed by the program address the selected developmental issue
across diverse populations.
1. What is the process for an individual with the selected developmental issue to be admitted to the selected program? What admissions
policies or procedures might need to be considered in terms of cultural, ethnic, or socioeconomic standing?
2. What methods are utilized by the program to provide intervention, health promotion, or treatment for the developmental issue with
regard to cultural, ethnic, and socioeconomic sensitivity?
C. Analyze the selected programs methods for the developmental theory and research that you feel were chosen to serve as its foundation.
1. Does the program clearly stick to the core concepts of the developmental theory in its approach to assessment? Be sure to substantiate your claims with specific examples and research.
2. Do the treatment or intervention methods vary from what the developmental theory would support or recommend? Be sure to explain your rationale.
3. How might the assessment, prevention, or treatment methods be aligned with a different developmental theory? Be sure to justify your position with research.
For Milestone Two, you will submit a draft of theoretical foundations (Section II of your final project) and a draft of your program selection (Section III of your final project), including all critical elements as listed below.
For the draft of your theoretical foundations (Section II), you will apply contemporary developmental psychology research and classic and contemporary theories to the selected developmental issue. You will examine the selected developmental issue through the lens of each of the core themes of nature vs. nurture, continuity vs. discontinuity, and stability vs. change. This section of Milestone Two should be one to two pages in length.
For the draft of your program selection (Section III), you will research and select a program that targets the developmental issue selected in Milestone One. It will be critical that you research the program at a high level to determine if there is enough research and data available to provide a full evaluation as required for the final project. It is highly advised that you review the program evaluation criteria in the rubric for the final project prior to completing this milestone. The nature of the program as a promotional, preventative, or prescriptive program should be clear and well supported by the information, and the selection criteria for an individual to become part of the program should be described in detail. A detailed review of the methods utilized by the program to meet its intended goals is required. The program selection includes an examination of which developmental theory provided the foundation for the development of the program and its methods. This should include a review of how well the program remains aligned or consistent with the foundational developmental theory, as well as the ways in which it may vary in its assessments and methods. In your response, consider which theory may better align with the elements that are inconsistent with the primary or stated developmental theory.
- Which strategy should business rely on more? Differentiation or Cost Leadership? Why? Use an example of a local business (can be more than one) to differentiate the two theories and explain weigh up the better option.
- Business Law Analysis pt 1
- 1. In which way did Bill Clinton create a budget surplus in the Federal budget? 2. If you were to remember Clinton’s Presidency, would you define it by scandals or economic stability? 3. What were the reasons George W Bush got America into the Iraq
- Choose one provision from the ANA Code of Ethics. How is ethical behavior an integral part of being a nurse leader? How does one communicate the characteristics of a role model with this provision? Do ethics influence the leadership style of the nurse leader?
- Discussion Response Supporting a Thesis Statement
- Nursing Dilemma
- Discuss three bases of individual power from the article (reward, legitimate, etc.) which you find in your workplace or other areas of your life.
- Consider how it makes your field more reliable, better analyses, detecting weaknesses and emergencies. You may give as many examples of math as you would like.
- Research paper on why there should be stricter gun control laws in the United States.
- APPLICATION ESSAY UNDER 200 WORDS