Read/review the following resources for this activity:
Textbook: Chapter 32
Corbett, P. S., Janssen, V., Lund, M. J., Pfannestiel, T. & Waskiewicz, S. (2014, December 30). U.S History. Openstax. https://openstax.org/books/us-history/pages/1-introduction
Minimum of 1 scholarly source (in addition to the textbook)
Initial Post Instructions
Consider a few terrorist activities since the 1980s until today. Here is a starting point:
1983: United States Embassy in Beirut and Kuwait is bombed
1988: Osama bin Laden re-organizes Al Qaeda in Pakistan to carry out attacks
1993: World Trade Center Bombing (first time)
1995: Oklahoma City Bombing
1998: United Stated Embassy bombings Nairobi and Sar Es Salaam
2001: 9/11 Bombing of the World Trade Centers
2001: Bio Terrorism begins (anthrax letters and Bill Gates’s warnings on bio terrorism)
2013: Boston Marathon Bombings
2018: Pittsburgh Synagogue Shooting
Then, address three (3) of the following and craft a response, as a whole, for your selections:
Explain if you think that global terrorism can be stopped.
Analyze the responsibility of the United States today to be the world’s “policeman.”
Assess if peace and stability in the Middle East are vital to U.S. economy and national security.
If the United States withdrew its troops from the Middle East tomorrow, would the terrorist threat end. Why or why not?
Assess if the use of military force is the only way to prevent terrorism. Are there other possible alternatives? Which stratecixgy is best and why?
- Focus on how the employees that were NOT layd off . How are the behaviors and work ethics change after they witness their colleagues leave
- Comment on the interaction between the child and adult. What language facilitating supports did the parent/caregiver use? b. include any nonverbal communication used by the parent and the purpose of the non-verbal communication. c. comment on whether the language faciliative strategies used by the parent supported the child’s overall language development? If so, why
- Prepare paper’s thesis to be on what makes people happy.
- Write a final paper. This paper should be about 12 pages doubled-spaced and should be submitted through canvas by the date of the final. You have broad discretion to choose a topic of your own, so long as it falls within the general theme of the course.
- How to use EViews to implement the econometric techniques we have discussed in the module.
- Create a new product or service to be introduced by your company. How does marketing support your company’s mission, objectives, and growth strategies?
- Smartphones are good for us but how do They make life easier.
- Submit a Proposition or Opposition persuasive essay (i.e., one essay) on the motion. Make a complete argument either for (Proposition) or against (Opposition) the motion, using sourced evidence to substantiate your points.
- Write a description of each individual song or instrumental piece performed, describe the concert environment. Include the following: A description of the physical layout of the performance hall or venue.
- Write an assignment emphasizing the practical application of Mental Health First Aid training. Briefly highlight the significance of extending this knowledge beyond traditional settings and exploring unconventional avenues to benefit a diverse range of individuals.