Read/review the following resources for this activity:
Textbook: Chapter 32
Corbett, P. S., Janssen, V., Lund, M. J., Pfannestiel, T. & Waskiewicz, S. (2014, December 30). U.S History. Openstax. https://openstax.org/books/us-history/pages/1-introduction
Minimum of 1 scholarly source (in addition to the textbook)
Initial Post Instructions
Consider a few terrorist activities since the 1980s until today. Here is a starting point:
1983: United States Embassy in Beirut and Kuwait is bombed
1988: Osama bin Laden re-organizes Al Qaeda in Pakistan to carry out attacks
1993: World Trade Center Bombing (first time)
1995: Oklahoma City Bombing
1998: United Stated Embassy bombings Nairobi and Sar Es Salaam
2001: 9/11 Bombing of the World Trade Centers
2001: Bio Terrorism begins (anthrax letters and Bill Gates’s warnings on bio terrorism)
2013: Boston Marathon Bombings
2018: Pittsburgh Synagogue Shooting
Then, address three (3) of the following and craft a response, as a whole, for your selections:
Explain if you think that global terrorism can be stopped.
Analyze the responsibility of the United States today to be the world’s “policeman.”
Assess if peace and stability in the Middle East are vital to U.S. economy and national security.
If the United States withdrew its troops from the Middle East tomorrow, would the terrorist threat end. Why or why not?
Assess if the use of military force is the only way to prevent terrorism. Are there other possible alternatives? Which stratecixgy is best and why?
- What would you do differently in a similar patient evaluation?
- Do you agree with President Jackson’s conclusions of the necessity for an Indian Removal Policy?
- Is it possible to teach someone to love reading?
- Why is the murder of Lady Macduff and her dramatically necessary? Consider what the murder reveals about Macbeth and the effect the murder has/will have on Macduff and other noblemen.
- Bail Trap by Nick Pinto
- Management Control Report
- How would you solve the moral dilemma of Janet Moore? Try to put yourself in her place. What would you decide and why? Explain the reasons for your decision carefully.
- Project purpose idea: neighborhood community board assessing the risks involved if Con Edison continues with a (specific) project. Transition Risk being the focus- economic losses from a business changing policies and production to more energy efficient methods
- Animal parts used in Fashion industry or Fashion buisness and affecting animal welfare and ethics
- Analysis of W T. Stead’s The Maiden Tribute