Chapter 14 Discussion
icon International HRM
This discussion forum is worth 10 points.
From your textbook and by conducting outside research related to managing human resources in the global environment, in terms of culture, economic conditions/systems, political/legal systems, and education/human capital complete the following:
After learning more about human resources in the global environment, conduct an image search that demonstrates the most interesting topic you identified in your research (e.g. the photo could demonstrate cultural differences, an unfamiliar economic or legal system, a different education environment, etc.).
Here is an example of a cultural norm in Japan with implications for strategic human resource management:
Japanese businessmen bowing
(10 Japanese, 2017)
You are also encouraged to think beyond this example and find images that encapsulate other phenomena in global human resource management.
Discuss the photo and implications for strategic human resource management.
Include a References section listing any sources you used while completing this assignment, including the source of your photo. Be sure the sources are cited in your post prior to listing them in this section.
Create at least three posts in this Moodle discussion forum:
Your initial post including the information above (this post is due several days before the other two)
A content-infused (with sources), value-added reply to another student’s post
At least one brief reply to something you found interesting or that you wanted to comment on more generally.
Summary: Describe what your photo is representing.
Discussion: Discuss the implications of your photo for strategic human resource management and explain its significance in the global environment.
10 Japanese Business Etiquette Rules. (2017). Retrieved January 12, 2019, from https://allabout-japan.com/en/article/2695/
- Which era was the most significant in terms of scientific and intellectual achievement and why?
- Discuss The Benefits of Therapy Animal Use in Healthcare.
- Explain how you believe the courts decision played a role in policy changes.
- Write a formal persuasive e-mail to a community leader to address a social concern.
- Discuss related challenges faced by social workers who serve the identified special population and its related field of practice.
- Explain and evaluate the article based on the criteria of clearness and the scientific method, as discussed in lectures.
- To what degree or under what circumstances should an individual rebel against, rather than conform to, society?
- Discuss about organizational design using strategic management principles.
- Describe the “reality contract” of a film or scripted TV series (not a “reality show” or news documentary) of your choice.
- Do you consider that as a Nation we are safer now than before the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001?